Wsus not updating windows 8
I've been tinkering around with a test installation for the past few weeks, as a way of getting to know the quirks of my system after Windows Update stopped working.
I purchased a bigger 2nd hard disk for storage (my OS is on an SSD), so I decided I'd just test the waters for a few weeks without worry, then conduct a clean install of 8.1 and reinstall everything where it should be.
The 1607 just sits for hours on "Downloading updates" without actually doing anything.
We'll choose a less disruptive strategy for future WSUS updates.2.This thread calls out several different symptoms, for each of which I'll provide guidance.Note that Configuration Manager will exhibit the same symptoms as each of the scenarios below.1.Here's the script, which I didn't write, but don't have the link handy ATM. I've cloned my deployment task sequence with the only difference being that one is using the 1511 media and the other the 1607.#Define update criteria.$Criteria = "Is Installed=0 and Type=' Software'"#Search for relevant updates.$Searcher = New-Object -Com Object Microsoft. The 1511 installs and goes through the Windows Update step without a hitch.